Cafe Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1 c. brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. dark chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cooled melted butter and the sugars with a mixer for about one minute. Then, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix briefly, just until there are no flour clumps left. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour. (DON’T SKIP THIS PART!)
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 325 degrees, making sure you have the racks in the middle of the oven.
- Scoop ¼ cup of cookie dough at a time and roll into balls (yes, these are large cookies, but that’s what helps them back the delicious way they do!). Then, tear the balls in half by pulling gently on both sides. Smush the two halves together again, but this time have the lumpy, torn sides face upward.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure the cookies have plenty of space to spread.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, rotating half-way through, or until the cookies have spread out and the edges are golden, but the center of the cookie still looks soft and just slightly under-cooked. Let cool on the baking sheets until the cookies are firm enough to remove. Transfer to baking rack until completely cool.
ENJOY! They truly are the BEST.