I would not say I am a creative cook. If it weren’t for having to feed my family, I’m fairly certain I would live on the same 10 foods. That is why I LOVE the meal delivery services they offer. I get great ideas and inspiration. I can keep the recipes and use parts of it, or the whole meal for future meals.
Hence, the below recipe… I can’t take full credit for this recipe. I got a similar version of this burger in a Hello Fresh box and was shocked by how much I loved it! I am not typically a big meat eater, and definitely not beef, so it was a pleasant surprise!
2 Tbsp mayo
1 clove garlic; chopped
1 red onion; sliced
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. monterey jack cheese
4 potato buns
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until caramelized. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wash out and dry pan.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in pan over medium-high heat. Shape beef into four patties. Season all over with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until burgers are done to preferred doneness. Top each with monterey jack cheese. Cover pan to melt cheese and allow burgers to finish.
- While burgers cook, split buns and place on a cookie sheet. Put under broiler at 450 degrees until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Spread split buns with aioli (may and garlic in step 1). Top each with a burger and as much onion jam as you like.
Hello Fresh also sent a recipe for Zucchini friends to go along with these as a side. They were DELISH and also a staple in our menu a lot of weeks now! Go google “zucchini fries” and try a recipe you think looks good!