I first made this recipe for my hubby for this birthday. We did a low key, breakfast for dinner meal. We liked it so much, I made it again for Thanksgiving morning! The crumble on top definitely adds a touch of sweetness and makes it extra delicious aka this is not the healthiest version of baked oatmeal 😉
Blueberry Crumble Baked Oatmeal
2 c. old fashioned oats
2 c. almond milk (use whatever you usually drink)
1/3 c. maple syrup
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. baking powder
1.5 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (if you use frozen, add an extra 5 minutes of cooking time)
For the crumble:
1 c. old fashioned oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, cold and cut into cubes
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees and grease 8×8 baking dish.
- Place the oats, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl, stir to combine.
- Add the beaten egg, baking powder and blueberries; stir until well combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes (add an extra 5 if you added frozen blueberries).
- While the oatmeal bakes, prepare the crumble: Stir all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add cubed butter into dry crumble mixture, working together until mixture is crumbly.
- Top the oatmeal evenly with the crumble and bake an additional 20- 3o minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes.