We just LOVE these healthy chocolate chip zucchini muffins around here! I love that I can get my oldest (who eats barely anything!) to eat them up! They are delicious and healthy, which makes me feel that much better about letting them eat chocolate chips for breakfast, ha! I typically double this recipe and throw some in the freezer for another time- they freeze really well!
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1/2 c. greek yogurt
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. grated zucchini
3/4 c. dark chocolate chips
**You can substitute all-purpose flour for coconut and/or wheat.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with liners or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips, set aside.
- In a large separate bowl, beat the eggs until they become frothy. Mix in yogurt, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Combine well. Fold in zucchini- pat dry to prevent the muffins from getting too wet.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups until they are 3/4 way full. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack.